Thursday, May 13, 2010

Drinking water and laying down doesn't help, nor does taking a shower or bath?

Throughtout the week I've been having what everyone else has called pre-labor (or possibly very strong BH contractions)





They've been strong enough to cause dilation, and strong that my back has ached through the night.





I tried to drink water and lay down, tried to shower... nothing has worked. The contractions aren't real because they will be strong but won't be close, or they'll be close and won't be strong. I was in tears last night because of the pain. Anyone else experienced this?





If they would just stay regular I would be admitted! I'm at 4cm





What should I do?





Besides taking Castor Oil... no way am I trying that! And sex is out of the question. I tried that and all it did was send me into three hours of false labor that hurt really bad!Drinking water and laying down doesn't help, nor does taking a shower or bath?
I experienced this. I had hard contractions that just kept coming no matter what i did. The contractions never became regular until I was 9cm 100% effaced. (at which point I finally arrived at the hospital ready to push) They say you aren't in labor until your contractions are regular but in my experience this has never been true. Everyone is different. I would say if you are continuing to be in pain and nothing stops it go to the hospital. Good Luck.Drinking water and laying down doesn't help, nor does taking a shower or bath?
Hi there! Do you have a breast pump?? If so I would seriously give it a shot. The nipple stimulation produces oxytocin, the hormone that helps your uterus contract (very similar to pitocin they give you to induce labour). Try this and good luck with your baby! :)
hello,


if you want read something about pregnancy


i just come accross this blog which may help you :-





http://questions-about-pregnancy.blogspot.com





to see video Charlie Rose - Women's Health Issues / Tyler Perry


http://the-womens-health-issues.blogspot.com
Same thing happened to me. I stayed in the shower for 2 days on my hands and knees trying to breath through the pain. Turns out she was breech. I would go to your OB and see what he/she says about it.
Have you tried walking?
You are dilated enough for water to help. You will just slow it down. Stay out of the shower for a while until they do become regular.





You didn't mention if this is your first baby or not. But what you are experiencing is called prodormal labor. Some drs call it false labor. Phooie!! There is nothing false about this labor. You best thing to do right now is rest. You doing all the work right now so that is good. The only thing you might be able to try to get regular contractions coming on is nipple stimulation. You could also try going to the hospital again. If you are getting uncomfortable then there is no reason why you shouldn't go. You are far enough along for them to possibly break your water. You don't want to get exhausted. I would suggestion using pitocin if you can avoid it. Ask them to break the water if they want to augment the labor. This is the only thing I will do to bring on labor when I am in this prodormal labor patterns.





I can totally relate to how you are feeling. I have done this with my last 3 babies. But I would go for weeks at a time. There weren't braxton hicks and they were doing something but I would never kick into fll blown labor until right in the end. My shortest labor was the one I did this the longest with though.





Why don't you call your dr? Tell him/her your are uncomfortable and truly aren't sure what to do. Don't get in the shower again either. If that isn't helping to stop them then it's only going to stall it out this early. Water therapy is best after you've hit 6 cm and you're in a good pattern (I labor and birth in water so I have done quite a bit of research on this.) But really, give your dr a call. See what they say. Tell him/her you are worried about getting exhausted (I did this with my last baby when i did finally hit consistent contractions. . .my labor was 40 hours just simply because I was exhausted.) Oh, and stay hydrated. That will help as well.





God Bless.





mom of 5 w/ #6 due Nov 08

No comments:

Post a Comment