Thursday, May 13, 2010

How can I convince me female friend with B.O. to take a shower or bath?

I have a friend that has a really strong scent and most times it is not pleasant. (A mix between funk and something sweet to cover it up). I bathe two or more times a day alternating between baths and showers because that鈥檚 how I feel most comfortable. Girls should be clean. I also think it helps me to wake up and or rest better at night. She on the other hand rarely does. When I tell her that I have to get off the phone to take a shower, she does not understand why.


She also only washes her hair once a month and does not believe in washing the sheets on her bed which I think are grosser than not bathing. I have talked to hr about it many times, but she justifies it by telling me that she knows someone who is worse than her. How can I convince her without being ugly? Is their medical proof that we are healthier when we bathe? (She is all about research.) Please help!!!!!How can I convince me female friend with B.O. to take a shower or bath?
I had this too, my past roomate never showered and had a weird smell about her. I once gave her a gift basket from Origins and she finally got the hint. But try something of that sort.How can I convince me female friend with B.O. to take a shower or bath?
Bring up reasons why it could effect her:





Her Job


No Boyfriends (or girlfriends??)


You hear people talking about her behind her back





Stuff like that. Its a sore subject to bring up, but if it bothers you that much then you may have to sacrafice your friendship and either distance yourself from her or be blunt about it. Some people just dont get it.
You're just going to have to be straight to the point with her, because frankly, that's just disgusting. Tell her she smells, and could get sick if she doesn't bathe more often. Tell her that there could be insects and bedbugs borrowing in her sheets. Good luck, hopefully you'll convince her!
this is what i would do i would be like i brought this new soap i rubbed it under my under arms nd it felt so good especially after i rubbed some deodorant on!nd then i b like i need to speak 2 u n private im not tronna b ignorant or anything u no we r really good friends but ur under arms dont smell 2 good !
Take an air freshener bottle and spray it all around her! OR buy her cute bath stuff to use.
tell her that she smells really bad and that you wont hang out with her if she doesnt take a shower.
Eeww... at this point, chivalry is dead.
I'm sure someone else has brought this to her attention..there is no way she can be that dumb to not realize she smells bad, or more importanly it's not healthy. We need to shower daily to rid of all the gunk and bacteria that accumulates on our body. I think you can get very sick if you don't because of all the germs that surround us and do stick to your skin. I know it must be hard for you since she's your friend and it's a pretty sensitive situation, but it's on her really. She needs to snap out of it and worry about this herself instead of you doing it for her. I give you credit for trying..I just imagined being in your place and having a friend like that, I honestly wouldn't know how to approach her with it. Maybe you should buy her a shower set .. that can probably motivate her to shower daily.
i had a friend like that once. but you should tell her that there has been some people that said something to you that she smells bad. and tell her to carry a stick of deoderant wit her everywhere. and there is always someone worse of than everyone out there, that doesnt work! it dont mean u gotta be any less than what a female should be. but bed sheets collect body soil and sweat and have huge gross germs and stuff! so thats just nasty! specially since she doesnt clean herself! and tell her if she ever wants to find a clean attractive guy then she needs to clean herself up!
As far as I know there is no scientific or anthropological evidence that says we as humans even need to bathe. But we prefer to do it because now that we aren't spearing deer and foraging food we have time to look and smell better.





Cleansing does help with acne and skin problems, if not your love life, but I don't know how to turn that into an argument for bathing.





I wouldn't usually suggest it, but make something up. Say something like, ';Hey I heard the craziest thing on the news the other night! A survey found that people's mood was proportonal to how many showers they took in a day. People said it made them more relaxed and was a break from their hectic busy schedules at the end of the day, or a wake up call in the morning. The same study found that people that use more aromatherapeutic agents are less likely to over eat and take anti-depressants because of lower stress levels. That must be why I am always in a good mood!';


See? Totally fabricated, but it doesn't hurt anyone. I think she'd buy it or something like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment